Why Did I Get the Vaccine?
Why did I choose to get the vaccine? I have a series of reasons.
- I am a Christian - This is number one and above all for me. This is my belief system and the basis for my decisions. I would like it to be the basis for all of my decisions, so maybe one day on that second part, but I digress. I believe Jesus wants us to love, serve, and give what we have been given. This decision was not out of fear, politics, or other. It was for the wellness of others, those around me. I know what he means in Matthew 25:31-40 and here it is... "
“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, "I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
“The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.” I got the vaccine for others, not my self.
- My family - I got the vaccine to protect my Dad, my Mom, My wife, kids, grandchildren, in-laws, aunts, uncles, and cousins. I have longed to hug my Dad without worry or fear of passing this virus on to him. He has a heart condition, labored breathing, multiple stints and by-pass. It is easier said than done not to worry as a Christian, that our time is already marked, and there is nothing we can do about that. I believe those things. I also believe I am called to do selfless acts of feeding, providing for others whatever the need is that I am blessed to give. So I have health, and I can do this for my Dad., and others in my family.
- My teams - If you know me at all, you have some insight as to how much I love, invest in, appreciate everyone on my teams, past and present. They grind day in and day out. I am not easy to work with. I don't know when to quit and call it a day sometimes. I cast that unfairly onto them from time to time. I do not ever want to be the one responsible for causing one of my team to go down. My purpose is to lift them up, encourage them daily, and help them grow both personally & professionally to be better each day than the day before. For me that is in all things to include their health, family life, and their whole being.
- My customers - I love you. I love every single one of you. I have prayed over and given thanks for each and every one of you. I would like to say multiple times. Some of you have shared your trials, struggles, success stories, stories of kids, careers, family, life, and asked me to pray, give thanks, pray for, pray with you, over you, pray you through, and praise. I am grateful for each of these moments. I want nothing bad to happen to you because of me. I took this step for you, to do something to protect you and yours.
- My friends - I walk with many of you. Some of you have walked through life with me. I did this for you as well.
- Those I don't even know - Back to my Faith and Matthew 25:31-40. I encounter so many people daily through the farm, beef deliveries, the construction company, Lowe's, Tractor Supply, Bible study, passing at the grocery, and just in general. I want to do everything offered to me to serve you. I did this for you. It was painless. It took less than 15 minutes. It is so small, but for the one, it is life.
- My country, my choice, let's not forget it is a choice. Remember, you do not have to get this vaccine, or others. Just do not be a roadblock, or shout at those who wish to do so. We do live in the greatest nation of all. I have been around the world and back. There is no greater place to live for opportunity, opportunities to give and serve. It is also you choice to get vaccinated, or not to. You have your reasons, your belief systems. The above is mine. I did this. I chose and went on my own free will based on my Father, my desire to give & serve. One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty & justice for all. That statement, when you break it down, each segment is a choice. Together, we rise. We rise by lifting others. Pick any Maya Angelou quote and insert it here.
If you know me, you know. If you do not, this is simply some insight for you. I hope to serve you as well somewhere down the road.
- Willie Grubaugh